Our Chartered Building Surveyors are full Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. We are regularly involved with the running, monitoring and certifying of building works under the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) form of construction contracts.
What we do
We specialise in administering the (Joint Contract Tribunal) JCT form of contract to ensure both parties are adhering to the contractual terms, the development is complete on time and appropriate stage payment is made.
Here at Blackacre, we like to ensure communication with all parties is at a premium and we are firm believers in making sure the terms of the contract are met.
Blackacre Building Surveyors are often involved with alteration and repair works facilitated by construction contracts. As an independent Contract Administrator we are the party that administers the conditions of the Contract, or as Employers Agent on behalf of the Employer to ensure the works are delivered to a suitable standard and in accordance with tender expectations outlined in the agreed Contract.
Typically our role involves:
- Preparation of Specification documents inc. Schedule of Works
- Invitation to tender to contractors
- Tender analysis
- Preparing documents & notices
- Issuing instructions, such as variations of work
- Certifying works and issuing interim valuations & payment certificates
- Dealing with Extensions of Time
- Issue of Certificate of Practical Completion